Join Our Team
Staghorn Mercantile is a growing company with a hardworking, fast paced, and fun work environment. We absolutely love our customers, crew, and neighborhood and are looking for the right person who shares our values, work ethic, and passion for people and plants. The ideal crew member should be self-motivated and driven to learn and grow with the company as we grow.
No available positions at this time.
CANNON BEACH LOCATION
FULL-TIME & PART TIME SHOPKEEPER
We are hiring for a reliable Full-Time Shopkeeper to join our crew! Available hours will range from 24-40 hours per week. This is a non-seasonal, permanent position.
Ideally we are looking for someone who loves engaging with customers and has a eye for style and plants. Although common knowledge of plants is helpful, we do provide training for those with the passion to learn.
Shopkeepers duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Welcome customers and engage with every customer in a warm, friendly, and respectful manner no matter who they are, or where they are, on their plant journey. Everyone is welcome here!
- Provide customers with proper guidance for plants, pot sizes, soil types, etc. Help style collections and assist customers with visual shopping needs.
- Print out barcodes and efficiently process inventory shipments of plants, pots, and other inventory items.
- Help maintain the health of plants in the shop and adhere to our daily schedule of tasks. Learn how to identify and eradicate pests and look for any over/under watered plants.
- Operate the register to complete customer purchases.
- Assist customers over the phone and in person with order issues and plant care.
- Process online orders for shipping, local pickup, and delivery.
- General shop cleanup / upkeep throughout the day.
- Follow shop protocols and be flexible to take on new tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work shifts solo.
- Have 1 year of retail sales and customer service experience.
- Be able to work weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Have at least one year of POS and cash handling experience.
- Reliable transportation (Bike, Car, Bus, Unicycle)
- Ability to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines, sanitation practices.
- 18 years or older (due to the amount of hours to be worked).
Wage is starting at $16.00+/hr with a review after 90 days. We also provide Health & Dental Insurance, 5 Days of PTO/Sick time, 5 Paid Holidays per year, plus other job perks.
To apply, please send your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org|||12650 SW Farmington Rd, Beaverton Oregon|||||||||QnBmIvenWYGya7IM|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||15.00|||14||||||false